The moment you have burnout creeping in, the stress you are already feeling tends to magnify.
Warning signs include:
· No longer feeling energized by working long hours
· Frustration with your inability to accomplish tasks that were once easy
· Not wanting to come to work (or sit down at your computer)
· Feeling angry with yourself at not accomplishing more
· Procrastination and avoidance behaviours
· A decline in self-worth and self-esteem
· Resenting clients and customers
· Feeling overwhelmed
· Feeling hopeless
Above all, burnout is characterized by physical and emotional exhaustion. It takes a toll on your family relationships, your health and your business … and makes a mockery of your freedom-based purpose of going into business for yourself.